Terms And Conditions
2023 Cook with Kenwood competition in partnership with the International Hotel School, herein after referred to as “the competition”.
What is the prize?
- The 8 Winners of the competition will win over R35 000 in prizes each.
What will each winner receive?
- A Kenwood Titanium Chef Baker KVL85.704SI Stand Mixer, valued at R17 399.
- Special Kenwood apron.
- Kenwood Classica toaster.
- A R15 000 voucher towards any qualification - Full-time, online, hybrid at the International Hotel School.
- Bragging rights as the champion!
* There will be 2 winners (1 Savoury & 1 Sweet) per location, and the competition will be held at 4 locations during 2023.
- The prize cannot be transferred, substituted, amended, exchanged, or redeemed for cash.
Who can enter?
- The competition is open to anyone, 16 years or over in the Republic of South Africa, with a valid Identity Document or Passport, except any director, member, partner, employee or agent of or consultant to anyone associated with Kenwood South Africa and International Hotel School including, but not limited to Kenwood South Africa and International Hotel School’s advertising agencies associated with this competition, and any spouse, life partner, parent, brother, sister, business partner or associate of such persons is prohibited from entering the competition.
- Participants may not enter this Competition or be declared a winner if they have won a competition promoted by Kenwood, a competitor of Kenwood, or the International Hotel School within the past 6 (six) months.
How to enter
- The competition is open for online entries from the 17th of April 2023 and closes on the 17th of July 2023. Entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
Entrants are given a chance to enter using one of the two entry methods below:
Entrants can enter the competition online by logging onto https://shopkenwood.co.za/pages/cook-with-kenwood and completing the entry form.
- Entrants are required to fill in their details, agree to the terms and conditions of the competition, and upload a 30-second video or a photo of their dish to qualify.
- The entrant will be required to choose the International Hotel School campus that they would like to compete at, the category they will compete in, as well as select their favourite Kenwood product. The entrant will get the opportunity to use a Kenwood stand mixer on the day to create a winning dish.
- The video submission should entail a short introduction about the entrant and a video of the dish being prepared.
Entrants can enter by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Cook with Kenwood Entry”.
- The email should entail the entrant's name, surname, age, and cell phone number. Entrants will be required to attach a 30-second video or a photo of their winning dish.
- The entrant will be required to select the International Hotel School campus that they would like to compete at and the category they will compete in (sweet or savoury category).
- The dates of the competitions are as follows:
5th August 2023 - International Hotel School Cape Town Campus
19th August 2023 - International Hotel School Durban Campus
2nd September 2023 - International Hotel School Johannesburg Campus
16 September 2023 - International Hotel School Pretoria Campus
- Kenwood South Africa will choose the Top 40 contestants per category who will compete. There will be a total of 80 participants across all 4 locations. 40 contestants will participate in the savoury category and 40 contestants will participate in the sweet category. The Top 80 participants will be selected by Kenwood South Africa by the 21st of July 2023 and communication will be sent via email. The email communication will be sent by The International Hotel School. The entrant will be required to reply to the confirmation email within the deadline stipulated to be officially chosen as a participant. There will be an attempt to contact the selected participant via mobile should the emails not be responded to.
- The selected participants for both categories will be supplied with a list of ingredients 2 weeks prior to the competition. Using the list of ingredients supplied, the contestants would have to come up with a recipe they will use to compete in the competition on the day.
- 20 contestants will be chosen per campus and of the 20 contestants, 10 will compete in the sweet and the other 10 in the savoury category.
The following factors will result in an entry being void:
- Failure to complete the online submissions correctly.
- Failure to select the category you will be competing in.
- Failure to provide the method and time involved in preparing the dish.
- Failure by the entrant to enter their full names and contact details (as required in terms of the competition).
- Failure to include any other relevant information as requested.
- Failure to upload a 30-second video or photo of the dish.
- Failure to agree to Terms and Conditions.
- By entering the competition, the entrants understand that they may be required to carry out local travel to participate at the International Hotel School campus they have selected.
- 5th August 2023 - Cape Town IHS Campus
- 19th August 2023 - Durban IHS Campus
- 2nd September 2023 - Johannesburg IHS Campus
- 16 September 2023 - Pretoria IHS Campus
- Contestants will be required to prepare the dish in the selected campuses as per above and will need to plate the dish for presentation to the judges.
The judging criteria include but are not limited to Appearance, Taste, Texture, and Creativity.
All preparation is to take place on-site. No pre-prepared or par-cooked elements will be allowed, and failure to adhere to this condition will automatically result in disqualification.
- Finalists will be drawn and announced on the day of the event per campus. Two winners will be selected, one per category (sweet and savoury). The final contestants will be chosen based on the best dish per category. The decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By participating in this competition, the participant and the winners agree to the publication of their names and photographs for promotional purposes. Kenwood South Africa and International Hotel School reserves the right to publish or distribute their details and photographs where required, as well as in the event that these will be utilized in further advertising, event marketing, or, in respect of this competition, without compensation of any form.
- By entering the competition in accordance with its terms, you are entering a promotional competition for the purposes of the Consumer Protection Act, 2008 (“CPA”) and the promotional competition will be conducted in accordance with the relevant provisions of the CPA. Should you win a prize in the competition, you undertake to expeditiously do all things necessary to enable the promoter/sponsor to comply with its obligations under the CPA including, but not limited to a. providing such personal information as may be required to facilitate handing over the prize and b. signing receipt of the prize upon its delivery.
- By entering this competition, you consent to the collection, use, and processing of your personal information by affiliates for administering the competition and for marketing purposes. Your personal information will not be shared with third parties unless required by law or with your consent. You may request access to, correction of, or deletion of your personal information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By submitting an entry, entrants accept and unconditionally agree with the above terms and conditions.
For more information or a copy of these Terms and Conditions, please contact: email@example.com